BoneKit's Basic Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A few important things

+5
Tal
Lonbo
Fr0mHell
WongKit
Dyna
9 posters

Go down

A few important things Empty A few important things

Post  Dyna Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:59 am

Hey,
I think the tourny system is absolutely great and that alafaila should take a big lesson from you, cuz thats how well-organised and fair tournies look like...anyhow, i was wondering what happens if its uncertain whether the opponent really lost a point because e.g. a nb - ive seen it quite a few times already when ppl simply leave the ball pass them and start hitting with their racket after the ball is gone - so basically they couldve easily faked it in order to gain points. also, if one gets a point because of lag or nb and wins a set thanks to that, what happens then? should opponents give 1 pb only or the whole next set?
moreover, do you think there should be a limit as to the number of returned points per match?
moreover n2, what happens if one of the contestants lags so heavily that its basically impossible to play with/against them?

Dyna

Anzahl der Beiträge : 50

Back to top Go down

A few important things Empty Re: A few important things

Post  WongKit Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:01 am

Hi dyna,
we already know that lag and unfair behavior can mess up matches.
In this case we have to trust everyone for fairplay, there is no other way.

ive seen it quite a few times already when ppl simply leave the ball pass them and start hitting with their racket after the ball is gone
This is something you have to decide if you give pb or not. When the ball was out of reach anyway, there is no need to give the point back. Normally, everyone who "legaly" have nb will hit the air before the point is made.

On the other hand, you can easily get some proof by taking screenshots or recording a video of the match. XFire is freeware and perfect for ingame recordings.

If a pb would decide a match, you may wait until the score is deuced or the court was changed. If a noball decided a match, "only" a normal pb have to be made. Of course it is bad luck for the losing team, but there is no other way in my eyes.

moreover, do you think there should be a limit as to the number of returned points per match?
If the game is way too laggy, cancel it or at least make a video to show us. We will care about the rest.
WongKit
WongKit
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 155

Back to top Go down

A few important things Empty Charge sets

Post  Dyna Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:34 am

Also, as we know the charge set is rather broken, so how about we also implement a rule that will forbid a charge bonus higher than +3?

Dyna

Back to top Go down

A few important things Empty Charge sets

Post  Fr0mHell Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:06 pm

well we cant use more chargeshot than 3 right ?

Fr0mHell

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Lonbo Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:23 pm

Fr0mHell wrote:well we cant use more chargeshot than 3 right ?

No, Dyna just posted the idea. WongKit and BoneD have to decide that ^^

btw, my opinion: I'm against it. Some peoples stats are baseing on cs ++. And seriously, charge is in this game since about 3 moth now, u cant say "what? omg theese balls are so fast i've never seen that". And as Boned said in prophecyforums, very good str/wilers are > very good chargers

Lonbo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

Back to top Go down

Post  Dyna Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:52 pm

frankly, charge is more often bad than good and if you "base off" your stats around charge (which i dont think is even possible, but ill gladly listen to ur explanation on how someone can "base off" their stats around charge outside the fact they bought the charge set) it means u have very low understanding of advanced play (outside a handful of situations where charge gives one a guaranteed point - and scoring with the charge lob after a smash is NOT part of those few situations, because it only works if you have high charge; it also doesnt count as "basing off" ur stats around charge, because its just an element of one's play style).
also, i frankly dont care (and objectively, it does not make a valid argument) how long its been there - just because something has been present for a while doesn't mean its existence is valid, justified or legit.

i really hope Wong and Boned decide for the best and implement a charge limit rule.

Last edited by Dyna on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Dyna

Back to top Go down

Post  Tal Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:55 pm

I am also for the charge limit rule . 4 would be more then enough in my oppinion. (2 or 3 would be even better ^^)
Tal
Tal

Anzahl der Beiträge : 34

Back to top Go down

Post  TabulaRasa Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:58 pm

I already asked Boned to put a limit but he wasn't happy about this idea.
I'm with you guys, I also prefer a limit of 2-4 CS.

But to be honest I think then we should put a limit of.. Smash and/or Lob too.
And that seems kinda impossible to me, even if the effect of CS is surely the most (annoying ^^').

At the end we also could ask before the match starts to put Chargeshot off, the classic solution ^^

TabulaRasa

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  xPhi Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:00 pm

Just, cause tal cant use more then that :<
poor tal <3

Well, i Aggree but if u want to take some new rules, non -clothe tournament ftw.
but its also boring if non clothes.
But Wong had already told somethin' like dat if i remember lol
"Its allowed evrything except these things dat stands in the rule" or so.. xD
xPhi
xPhi

Anzahl der Beiträge : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dyna Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:30 am

After 24 str sets came out it became pretty clear that any bonuses to charge/lob bigger than 3/4 were the last straw towards breaking the game, so maybe even add a rule that would only allow ppl to wear AP clothes from before thew first Olympic sets came out....but thats almost too much already, so i believe only limiting the most problematic thing, the skyrocketing charge bonus, would do the trick.

TabulaRasa wrote:I already asked Boned to put a limit but he wasn't happy about this idea.
I'm with you guys, I also prefer a limit of 2-4 CS.

But to be honest I think then we should put a limit of.. Smash and/or Lob too.
And that seems kinda impossible to me, even if the effect of CS is surely the most (annoying ^^').

At the end we also could ask before the match starts to put Chargeshot off, the classic solution ^^

a limit to smash? I ran 8 smash and frankly, it doesnt make ANY real difference.
a limit to lob COULD be valid, but i think its only +4 to lob that COULD be problematic, since you can achieve +3 to lob with old school equip...moreover, scoring with lobs is a whole different thing as scoring with charge is.

Last edited by Dyna on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Dyna

Back to top Go down

Post  WongKit Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:43 am

I will talk with boned about this topic when i see him online, but i dont think, that we will forbid the use of high charge based sets.

As tabula already said:
"At the end we also could ask before the match starts to put Chargeshot off, the classic solution ^^"

Everyone is free to decide if he/she wants to use charge upper or brave chain rackets for example. I personally also don't like to play against people with more than 4 charge because they often don't have any tactics. they charge and score...
on the other hand, it's funny to trick those people by small angle shots (sliding), which succeeds in most cases...

When the chargesets were published by alaplaya, i insisted on playing matches without those items at all - and i got blamed for that often... now, i think playing vs chargers is ok somehow, but it's not that fair anyway.

To my mind, limiting lob and other attributes is not necessary, because they don't show a high effect with the todays reachable stats.

Well, i Aggree but if u want to take some new rules, non -clothe tournament ftw.
Never. I dont know if someone took part in the "fantatennis.de" tournament. This was a non-eq tournament with 2on2 basic in the first round. Nobody scored, because the balls were damn slow and predictable. One match lasts about 20 minutes minimum!

As I already said, I'll talk with boned in the next time. At this rate I can not tell you if we make such a rule or not.
WongKit
WongKit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BoneD Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:52 am

so wong and me decide to take no charge limit
we search THE BEST basic double team, without exception.
not the best with charge limit 4 or unfair equiq Exclamation

BoneD
BoneD
BoneD
Admin

Anzahl der Beiträge : 143

https://equality.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  WongKit Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:03 am

There is one thing i'd like to mention again.

Although we allow charge sets, it does not mean that you are forced to use them. I see that many of you don't like playing against high charge player, so you can make agreements with each other before a match starts.
WongKit
WongKit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  xPhi Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:25 am

Classic solution as u said.
Evry Team can ask then ~ ftw n1 "vorschlag" sry lol ~.. xD
Would be so nice :>
xPhi
xPhi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dyna Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:20 am

I honestly don't think many (or anyone) will unequip their charge sets on request, but we'll see ^^.

Dyna

Back to top Go down

Post  xPhi Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 am

ye, sure we can also talk before the match begin so Wink
xPhi
xPhi

Back to top Go down

Post  YuriSama Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:25 am